Indefinite Leave to Remain - | Hudson McKenzie
Bootstrap Testimonial Carousel with Star Ratings


Indefinite Leave to Remain

The UK immigration rules allow various categories of overseas nationals to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK (also known as permanent residence) after having lived and worked for five years in the UK (the time frame may be shorter in certain  instances).

Before Indefinite Leave to Remain can be granted, a migrant has to satisfy various requirements, one of which is to show that they have sufficient knowledge of English (or Welsh or Scottish Gaelic) and of Life in the UK.

Applicants must also be able to show that they meet the absence requirements which is normally having lived at least 180 days in the UK for each year during the past five year period from the date of making their application.

Our team of indefinite leave to remain lawyers have a wealth of experience in this area and are available for advice and assistance with the application process and documentary evidence required to ensure that your application meets the stringent requirements.

We can also advise and provide representation to the UKVI on lengthy absences from the UK especially for high-flying business executives who travel frequently.

Contact our Immigration Lawyers London, UK

For further information, please contact our UK Immigration lawyers in London – click here or call us on +44(0) 20 3318 5794.