Tier 1 Investor Visa
Tier 1 Investor Visa Lawyers
Our team of Tier 1 UK Investor Visa Lawyers specialise in helping high net worth (HNW) and ultra high net worth (UHNW) foreign nationals to successfully invest in the UK.
This type of visa is available for HNW and UHNW individuals with at least £2 million to invest in the UK. In order for your application to be successful you must meet certain criteria set out by the UKVI.
Our goal is to provide you with the full range of commercial law support and connect you with our exceptional network of business contacts to help you get established faster. You get a business partner rather than simply a form-filler.
Criteria for Success
This option is different to the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa and the big advantage is that there is no requirement to pass an English language test. It can also lead to Permanent Residence if you have remained in the UK for at least 180 days per year.
- £2 million investment over a 5 year term – gives you the opportunity to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK.
- £5 million investment over a 3 year term allows you to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) after three years.
- £10 million investment over a 2 year term allows you to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) after three years.
Access to at least £2m+
You will also need to demonstrate that you either have £2,000,000 of legally acquired funds. The funds need to be held in a reputable institution and freely transferable to the UK. Funds can either be cash or qualifying investments. You will be required to provide proof of funds.
Investing in the UK
You must invest at least £2m within 3 months of being granted a Tier 1 Investor Visa.
The investment can be in:
- Shares in active and trading UK companies (excluding property investment companies).
- Bonds issued by the UK government.
- Bonds issued by active and trading UK companies (as long as they are not property investment companies).
- Loans made to active and trading UK companies (excluding property investment companies).
A UK Tier 1 Investors visa is initially approved for a period of 3 years. Subsequently, the visa may be extended for a further 2 years. The same minimum criteria applies as at the time of the original application.
There are various documents required to prove origin of funds, personal identity and relationship to dependents. Our specialist Tier 1 Investor Visa Lawyers will explain all of this when we process your application.
The UKVI allows dependants to join you in the United Kingdom. A dependent is categorized as wife, husband, civil partner, same-sex partner, unmarried partner or a child under the age of 18 years. Dependent children under the age of 18 can attend school in the UK.
The dependent spouse of an investor can work or engage in any lawful business.
Contact our Immigration Lawyers London, UK
For further information or to find out if you qualify call now on +44(0) 20 3318 5794 to talk to one of our Tier 1 Investor Visa Lawyers.