Citizenship of Cyprus
Official language is Greek, however English tends to be used as the ‘business language’.
- An attractive warm climate, dry summers from April to November, with short, cooler winters. Average annual daytime temperature is 24°C.
- Strategically located being just 1.5hrs from Athens, 4hrs from Frankfurt, 3.5hrs from Dubai and 5hrs from London.
- Required investment from €2,000,000.
- Property– Purchase a property in Cyprus for a minimum value of €500,000, to be held in perpetuity. In the case that the applicant proceeds with the real estate investment option, as below, this property can be included in the €2 million investment.
- Investment– Either invest at least €2 million into real estate, developments and infrastructure projects, or make an investment into alternative investment funds/financial assets of the country, or purchase, establish/participate in the country’s businesses and companies or even a combination of any of the above.
If qualifying via a €2 million private residence purchase, after three years it is permitted to liquidate and replace the private residence with a €500,000 property.
Hudson McKenzie via its prefered network of property developers in Cyprus can also assist in identifying the most suitable investment opportunities, and help clients manage their properties and provide a further, enhanced menu of concierge services.
Cypriot citizenship is normally granted within 6 months of making an application, this quick process makes Cyprus one of the fastest destinations in the world to obtain second citizenship.
Benefits of obtaining citizenship
- Full Citizenship of an EU member state- citizens have the right to live, work, and study in all 28 EU countries.
- Visa-free travel to 163 countries around the world.
- No minimum residence requirement.
We would be delighted to assist you and your family members in obtaining citizenship of Cyprus. Please get in touch with us at HudsonVIP@hudsonmckenzie.com to know more about this programme.