Tracey is a commercially astute, dual qualified solicitor and registered trade mark attorney with 15 years’ experience. She delivers high quality contentious and non-contentious IP advice and assistance, and has specialist expertise in the FMCG and retail sectors. Tracey is passionate about developing and protecting brands in partnership with stakeholders, strategising and creating innovative solutions to manage risk.
- Trade mark strategy
- Trade mark/design clearance, filing and prosecution
- Oppositions and cancellations
- Portfolio management
- Advising on copyright
- Enforcement of IP rights/management of litigation
- Advertising and packaging clearance
- Commercial IP agreements
- Domain name and social media issues
- IP issues on acquisitions
- Training on IP
- More Details
Following a 10 year stint at top firm Shoosmiths, where she headed up the Trade Mark Practice, Tracey made the move to in-house counsel. Her first move took her to luxury goods giant Richemont where she looked after brands such as Net-A-Porter, Azzedine Alaïa and dunhill, and then to DIAGEO where she was responsible for the regional trade mark and design portfolio across all of EMEA and global trade mark issues for the gins, beers and Baileys portfolios. Her role also required her to work closely with the global brand and innovation teams and regional IP counsel in order to bring new products, variants and campaigns to market.
More recently, Tracey has been providing legal advice and services on all areas of soft IP, in particular trade marks, on a consultancy basis, and providing training services in respect of IP. She has acted as sole IP consultant to a national retailer on a retained basis; advised on and filed a Community trade mark for a service provider; presented on trade marks on behalf of ITMA and the UK IPO to SMEs; and advised various start up businesses and SMEs on how to protect their IPRs.
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney by examination – 2007
- Postgraduate Diploma in IP Law & Practice, Bristol University 1996 – 1997
- LLB Law (First Class Hons), Cardiff University 1990 – 1993