Increase in Home Office fees
The UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) pursuant to the Legislation laid in Parliament has announced a number of updates to immigration, visa and nationality fees.
The key changes are:
- Fees for visitors, full-time students and workers will be restricted to a 2% increase in line with the government’s inflation target;
- Application fees for British Citizens applying for registration and naturalisation will increase by 4%;
- Settlement and indefinite leave to remain will increase by up to 22.5%. This reflects the significant benefits and entitlements that a successful applicant receives and includes: access to education, general public services and the UK labour market;
- All premium services (excluding sponsorship premium services) will also increase by up to 23%;
- Fees for entry clearance to enter the Channel Islands will rise in line with 2017/2018 fee changes seen in the rest of the UK;
- On 1 June 2017, a new optional email enquiry service will be introduced overseas which will complement the existing telephone helpline service. The fee for the telephone helpline service will remain unchanged; and
- For the third year running, there will be no changes to the fees for applications or services under the sponsorship system.
A full list of the new fees can be found on www.gov.uk
As if the additional burden of the Immigration Skills Charge and Immigration Heath Surcharge wasn’t enough for employers, the fee increase (in certain cases up to 22% increase) is icing on the cake.
If you have any queries regarding the fee changes, please contact us on +44(0) 20 3318 5794 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.