Business Archives - Hudson McKenzie


Isreal extend the validity for experts on the short-term work visas

October 19, 2021 | Business, Immigration, Travel

B-1 Short Employment Authorization (SEA) visa holders can now stay longer in Isreal. Previously these visas were valid for 45 days annually, however, this has been extended to 90 days per calendar year. The B-1 visa allows expert foreign nationals who have a unique skill or knowledge to undertake urgent foreign work in Isreal.  Within

Read More

New Zealand to introduce residence visa for temporary residents

October 19, 2021 | Business, Immigration

New Zealand is creating a new visa pathway called 2021 Resident visa. This is a one-off visa for temporary workers currently in New Zealand. The visa is said to become available on 1st December 2021 for some eligible applicants and from 1st March 2022 for remaining eligible applicants. Those who are eligible include individuals who

Read More

How to prove a “genuine vacancy” for the Skilled Worker visa

September 14, 2021 | Business, Employment, Immigration, News

When employers are looking to recruit skilled migrant workers, the resident labour market test is no longer applicable. The Skilled Worker visa has replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa. It allows people from outside of the UK to obtain work with an approved employer in an eligible job in the UK. For those employers

Read More

UK right to work measures extended

September 7, 2021 | Business, Employment, Immigration, News

A further right to work check extension has been put in place by the UK government. Since the pandemic, the way in which right to work checks have been completed have temporarily changed. Physical documents are not required and documents can be checked digitally. Originally, right to work checks would require that employers be in

Read More

Planned changes to data protection post-Brexit

September 2, 2021 | Business, Latest Thinking, News

A new Information Commissioner John Edwards has been appointed the role of head of the data regulator the ICO. It is said that his role will be more balanced between protecting rights and promoting innovation and economic growth, which fits in line with the government’s innovation strategy plan for the future of the UK. It

Read More

How to conduct a right to work check on an EEA national?

July 21, 2021 | Business, Employment, Immigration, News

A right to work check should be conducted before an individual starts working with you. This is because you need to be satisfied that the individual has a legal right to work in the UK.  On 1st January 2021 new rules came into force for EU nationals residing and working in the UK. EU, EEA

Read More

Notable updates to the right to work checks for EEA nationals

The UK government has issued new guidance on the right to work checks which came into force on 1st July 2021 for EEA citizens proving their right to work in the UK. Updates have been made to the acceptable documents allowed to be used to prove right to work, including passports, a current document issued

Read More

How much does it cost to sponsor a skilled worker?

As an organisation sponsoring a skilled worker, there are a number of charges involved that you must be aware of. There is a fee to apply for a sponsor licence and subsequent costs involved when sponsoring a worker.    Salary   According to the Immigration rules, a skilled worker will need to be paid at

Read More

Panama introduces new remote work visa

In May 2021 Panama introduced a new remote worker visa for foreign nationals who intend to work in Panama remotely for a period of 9 months. The visa can be renewed for a further 9 months and the applicant must meet the same requirements again for the renewal. Individuals who work locally or provide services

Read More

What salary does a sponsor have to pay a skilled worker?

In order for a skilled worker to be eligible for the Skilled Worker visa, they must show that they will be earning the required level of income. According to the Immigration rules, a skilled worker will need to be paid at least the minimum salary for the type of work they will be doing. This

Read More

What is a Home Office action plan?

Action plans are issued to Tier 2, Tier 5 sponsors and skilled worker sponsors who have been B-rated after a Home Office compliance visit. If you have had a compliance visit by a Home Office caseworker and they establish that you do not meet certain requirements as a sponsor, the caseworker may note these in

Read More

Data protection in the workplace: what do employees need to know?

May 13, 2021 | Business, Employment

It is important for employers to provide GDPR training so that employees are aware of their rights and obligations in the workplace. GDPR stands for The General Data Protection Regulation. “Data” relates to any information which can directly or indirectly identify an individual. This can include information that relates to factors such as: physical, mental,

Read More

What happens after a Home Office compliance visit?

The Home Office may conduct sponsor licence inspection visits on work premises in instances where an application for a first sponsor licence is made or when a sponsor licence is being renewed. When the Home Office visits your business premises they are generally looking for the following: General sponsor duties are being met Sponsors are

Read More

Who is eligible for an Intra-company transfer visa?

There are two types of intra company transfer visas: intra-company transfer visa and intra-company transfer graduate trainee visa. You can apply for the intra-company transfer visa when you’re being transferred to a role in the UK by your employer. This is usually applicable to people who work for international companies who have offices in the

Read More

The return of the sponsor licence inspection visits?

The Home Office may conduct sponsor licence inspection visits on work premises in instances where an application for a first sponsor licence is made or when a sponsor licence is being renewed. During the pandemic, many employers have put most of their focus into actually keeping afloat with many employees being furloughed. The UK government

Read More