What are the UAE Golden visas?
The UAE introduced long-term residence visas called “Golden Visas”enabling visa holders to live, work and study in the UAE without being sponsored. The Golden Visas are issued for 5 or 10 years.
In order to be eligible for the 5-year visa, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Invest in property of no less than AED 5 million
- The money used to invest in the property should not be via loans
- The property must be retained for at least 3 years
- Have an existing project with a minimum of AED 500K or;
- Have approval from an accredited business incubator in the UAE
- Obtain a minimum grade of 95% in public and private secondary schools
- Gain a distinction GPA of at least 3.75 on graduation
In order to be eligible for the 10-year visa, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Invest in at least AED 10 million
- Hold a deposit of at least AED 10 million within an investment fund in the UAE or;
- Establish a company in the UAE using at least AED 10 million or;
- Obtain shares in a new or existing company of at least AED 10 million
- The amount invested must not be loaned
- Investment purchases should be kept for at least 3 years
This visa is also available for family members.
Should you have any queries regarding the above information or if you require assistance with your corporate, employment or immigration matter, please get in touch with a legal professional at Hudson McKenzie via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +44(0) 20 3318 5794.
The information provided does not amount to legal advice.