New occupations added to the Australian Priority Migration Skilled Occupation list
The Australian government has announced 22 new occupations to be added to the Australian Priority Migration Skilled Occupation list.
The Australian Priority Migration Skilled Occupation list is a list of 41 critically skilled occupations which the Australian government is giving priority processing. There is a requirement for these workers as Australia aims to recover the economy after the pandemic.
The Australian government has said that other occupation lists will remain active but those who have an occupation on the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation list will be prioritised due to demand. The Priority list is temporary and is subject to change dependent on the needs of the Australian government.
The 22 newly added occupations include the following:
- Accountant (General) (221111)
- Accountant (Taxation) (221113)
- Accountant (Management) (221112)
- External Auditor (221213)
- Internal Auditor (221214)
- Electrical Engineer (233311)
- Civil Engineer (233211)
- Structural Engineer (233214)
- Geotechnical Engineer (233212)
- Transport Engineer (233215)
- Mining Engineer (233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (233612)
- Surveyor (232212)
- Cartographer (232213)
- Other Spatial Scientist (232214)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)
- Orthotist / Prosthetist (251912)
- Multimedia Specialist (261211)
- Analyst Programmer (261311)
- Software and Applications Programmers (261399)
- ICT Security Specialist (262112)
- Chef (351311)
Should you have any queries regarding the above information or if you require assistance with your corporate, employment or immigration matter, please get in touch with a legal professional at Hudson McKenzie via email at email@example.com or by telephone +44(0) 20 3318 5794.
The information provided does not amount to legal advice.