Changes to the Sponsorship Management System
All licensed sponsors in the UK will have received communication from the UK Border Agency outlining the changes introduced in the updated policy guidance for Tiers 2, 4 and 5 sponsors, published on 15 March 2012. This guidance became valid from 6 April 2012 and on this date there were also a number of changes to the Sponsorship Management System (SMS) account.
The changes are set out below.
For all sponsors
- A sponsor will need to apply to renew their license after their initial four year license period expires if they wish to continue to sponsor workers and students.
- A sponsor will be able to monitor changes of circumstances requests and track the progress of these requests and, if required, withdraw them.
- Printer-friendly versions of Certificates of Sponsorship (CoS) and Confirmations of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) will be available to print from the SMS.
For all Tier 2 and 5 sponsors
- An application process has been introduced for premium / SME+ customer service.
- An electronic payment for all action plans has been issued.
For Tier 2 (General) sponsors
- A new unrestricted category for Tier 4 graduate students has been introduced to switch into Tier 2 (General) without having to advertise the post.
- A new restricted category for dependants of Tier 4 students to switch into Tier 2 (General) has also been introduced.
For Tier 4 sponsors
- An enhanced process has been introduced for reporting student activity.
- A number of new optional fields in the CAS have been devised, to allow sponsors to provide required information on students and courses in a structured form.
For further information on the above please get in touch with one of our UK Immigration Lawyers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 3553 7711.