Changes to the shortage occupation list
Specialist jobs that are no longer required in the UK have been removed from the shortage occupation list.
Occupations that the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) recommended be removed from the list include:
- secondary education biology teachers;
- speech and language therapists;
- veterinary surgeons; and,
- rank and file orchestral musicians.
The following occupations will be added to the list:
- high integrity pipe welders;
- environmental scientists; and,
The government has accepted the MAC’s recommended list in full however, rank and file orchestral musicians will not be removed from the list immediately, until further discussions take place with the industry to discuss the resident labour market test.
If you have any questions regarding the above or need to understand how these changes will affect you, please send an email to one of our London Immigration Lawyers or at firstname.lastname@example.org.